Quezon City, Philippines– The Philippine Association of Government Electronics Engineers (PAGE), in partnership with the Department and Communications Technology (DICT) and Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines (IECEP)- Quezon City, will be having its Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The activity aims to bring together the government electronics engineers and update them about the initiatives, programs, and projects of DICT on Cybersecurity and Digital Governance; promote the implementation of RA 9292 and Philippine Electronics Code; train them on how to develop their own ICT Disaster Recovery Plan; and to train them on the practical ways of designing and evaluating electronics plan.
- Organize government electronics engineers to participate in national development initiatives of the government with the aim to contribute to the development of the ICT and Electronics Engineering sector in the Philippines.
- Present strategies and best practices in the development and implementation of a comprehensive ICT Disaster Recovery Plan for government agencies and LGUs, integrating existing projects and solutions for disaster recovery and other related government regulations.
- Promote RA 9292 and the new Philippine Electronics Code (2018) to update and train existing or would be Electronics Evaluators in LGU’s Office of the Building Official and Electronics Engineers on the latest regulations on Building Codes and permits and best practices of LGUs on Electronics Plan Evaluation and Permit Issuances.
- Government Electronics Engineers, Office of Building Officials, Private Electronics Engineers and other ICT Professionals.
Venue (Tentative) : DICT Main Office, CP Garcia Avenue, Diliman Quezon City
No. of days: 2 days
Target Date: September 27-28, 2018
Registration Fee: Php 2,500 for ECEs and Non PAGE Members,
Php 2,000 for PAGE Members and/or Early Bird ( Paid before August 26,2018)
Php 3,000 for Other Related Professions
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) – St. Francis, Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong Branch
Account Name: Philippine Association of Government Electronics Engineers (PAGE) Inc
Account Number: 002563-0671-39
- Update on Telecom Landscape
- DICT Digital Governance Initiatives of DICT
- Electronics Evaluation Training
- Updates on Government Cybersecurity Programs
- ICT Disaster Recovery Planning
7:30-8:00am – Registration
8:00-8:30am – Opening Program
8:30-9:30am – Update on the Philippine Telecom Landscape – Engr. George Tardio, DICT
9:30-10:30am – Digital Governance Initiatives of DICT –
10:30-12:00nn – Electronics Evaluators Training – Engr. Christian Lear Miquiabas, CDO OBO
12:00-1:00pm – LUNCH BREAK
1:00-6:00pm – Electronics Evaluators Workshop – Engr. Alex Maureal, USTP
6:00-7:30pm – PAGE Annual General Meeting and Induction of New PAGE OfficersDay 2:
8:00-9:00am – Philippine Cybersecurity Strategy – DICT Asec. Allan Cabanlong
9:00-10:00am – DICT For Every Filipino – DICT Asec. Allan Silor
10:00-12:00nn – IT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) – Engr. Dinish Ongcol, STEAG
12:00-1:00pm – Lunch
1:00-5:00pm – IT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and Workshop – Engr. Dinish Ongcol, STEAG
The Summit has an approved 16 CPD points from the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) for those who are joining the two-day event.